Snowmass Fire District memorial walk in honor of Sept. 11
September 12, 2017
About 50 members of the Snowmass community, including residents, firefighters and police officers, participated in the Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District's second annual 9/11 memorial walk Monday afternoon.
Beginning at 2 p.m., the fire district lead a climb from Town Park to the Top of the Village Condos, which is about the same elevation the members of the Fire Department of the City of New York made in the first tower of the World Trade Center.
"The idea is that we're simulating the same climb they made that day as a way of remembrance," Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Issel said Monday evening. "It's pretty emotional."
After the approximately 3-mile walk, the fire district hosted a barbecue at Town Park.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday