Photo: An apt inaugural “Joe Coffey Day” at Snowmass
February 13, 2018
Despite closed roads, about 50 folks braved the elements on Feb. 10 to partake in a ski day at Snowmass honoring longtime village resident Joe Coffey.
Coffey, who was the town of Snowmass’ longest-serving full-time employee, died peacefully at his home on Jan. 31.
The Town of Snowmas Village in late January issued a proclamation declaring that the first “epic” powder day of the year be formally known as “Joe Coffey Day.”
Coffey’s obituary can be found here.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar