Photo: An apt inaugural “Joe Coffey Day” at Snowmass
February 13, 2018
Despite closed roads, about 50 folks braved the elements on Feb. 10 to partake in a ski day at Snowmass honoring longtime village resident Joe Coffey.
Coffey, who was the town of Snowmass’ longest-serving full-time employee, died peacefully at his home on Jan. 31.
The Town of Snowmas Village in late January issued a proclamation declaring that the first “epic” powder day of the year be formally known as “Joe Coffey Day.”
Coffey’s obituary can be found here.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Aspen housing authority forcing former board member to sell her home after renting it out
- Naked gospel singer in middle of Aspen road arrested
- Aspen’s controversial, historic Boomerang Lodge sells for $10 million
- Aspen apartment dispute leads to knife threat
- Judge tells man arrested in Aspen that sex offender registry is not punishment