Photo: An apt inaugural “Joe Coffey Day” at Snowmass
February 13, 2018
Despite closed roads, about 50 folks braved the elements on Feb. 10 to partake in a ski day at Snowmass honoring longtime village resident Joe Coffey.
Coffey, who was the town of Snowmass’ longest-serving full-time employee, died peacefully at his home on Jan. 31.
The Town of Snowmas Village in late January issued a proclamation declaring that the first “epic” powder day of the year be formally known as “Joe Coffey Day.”
Coffey’s obituary can be found here.
Trending In: Snowmass
- ‘Once again new’: As Base Village rises, Snowmass landscape, demographics signal full-circle change
- Sweet Coloradough to debut CODough Bar at Snowmass Base Village
- Letter: Thanks and enjoy the lights
- Marolt: Traffic jammed on a carless street
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe to play Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert in Snowmass Dec. 15