Letter to the editor: Thank you, Colorado
June 12, 2018
Dear people of the great state of Colorado,
This past February, my third-grade students wrote letters to small town newspapers around our country. The letters asked people in each state to send items of interest that the student might include in their final State Fair project.
My students were thrilled as packages started arriving from all over the country! They received books, newspapers, postcards, maps, and many unique items from the wonderful and generous people of the United States of America.
This project could not have been the success that it was without you. I've had several parents indicate that their family would be taking a trip to the state that their child learned about this school year to see the beauty and unique qualities first hand.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- Pot progression: Snowmass council agrees on town rules, banning sales in Base Village
- Marolt: Why Moab is popular in the fall
- Marolt: The data is in — women are better than men
- Mountain biker who died at Snowmass ID’d as Woody Creek local, kayaking expert
- Snowmass’ Wood Bridge closed for repairs until Nov. 30
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Judge sides with Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority in eviction case
- Man injured in pedestrian-vehicle accident near Lazy Glen