Letter to the editor: Thank you, Colorado
June 12, 2018
Dear people of the great state of Colorado,
This past February, my third-grade students wrote letters to small town newspapers around our country. The letters asked people in each state to send items of interest that the student might include in their final State Fair project.
My students were thrilled as packages started arriving from all over the country! They received books, newspapers, postcards, maps, and many unique items from the wonderful and generous people of the United States of America.
This project could not have been the success that it was without you. I've had several parents indicate that their family would be taking a trip to the state that their child learned about this school year to see the beauty and unique qualities first hand.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- First female mountain manager at Aspen Skiing Co. Susan Cross takes over in Snowmass
- Snowmass Village sales tax rebates available
- Marolt: Life’s been good to us so far
- Co-working spaces, powered by the “Proximity” app, coming to Snowmass Mall and Basalt
- Marolt: The data is in — women are better than men
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche
- Aspen parks its $2.6 million transit experiment