Letter to the editor: Thank you, Colorado
June 12, 2018
Dear people of the great state of Colorado,
This past February, my third-grade students wrote letters to small town newspapers around our country. The letters asked people in each state to send items of interest that the student might include in their final State Fair project.
My students were thrilled as packages started arriving from all over the country! They received books, newspapers, postcards, maps, and many unique items from the wonderful and generous people of the United States of America.
This project could not have been the success that it was without you. I've had several parents indicate that their family would be taking a trip to the state that their child learned about this school year to see the beauty and unique qualities first hand.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- ‘Massive’ theft from Aspen doctor/sister leads to jail, probation
- Aspen housing authority forcing former board member to sell her home after renting it out
- Aspen’s controversial, historic Boomerang Lodge sells for $10 million
- Naked gospel singer in middle of Aspen road arrested
- City of Aspen under contract to buy downtown building for $23 million