Letter to the editor: Thank you, Colorado
June 12, 2018
Dear people of the great state of Colorado,
This past February, my third-grade students wrote letters to small town newspapers around our country. The letters asked people in each state to send items of interest that the student might include in their final State Fair project.
My students were thrilled as packages started arriving from all over the country! They received books, newspapers, postcards, maps, and many unique items from the wonderful and generous people of the United States of America.
This project could not have been the success that it was without you. I've had several parents indicate that their family would be taking a trip to the state that their child learned about this school year to see the beauty and unique qualities first hand.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- Snowmass history: Bringing in butter from Brush Creek
- Zoppé Italian Family Circus back in Snowmass Base Village
- Marolt: It’s no big deal if you voted for Base Village, unless you now deny it
- Snowmass Town Council reviews regulations for pot shops, mayor no longer combating them
- Snowmass Club under contract for sale of ‘around $20 million,’ set to close mid-August
- Aspen Councilman asked to stop but continues to email plaintiffs suing city over office building
- Business Monday: Not quite a free fall, but United fares between Aspen and Denver dropping
- Hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully
- Aspen man’s mental health again a concern for Pitkin County judge
- U.S. Forest Service opposing Fryingpan, Arkansas rivers conditional rights in wilderness area