Letter: Sirkus for Snowmass Town Council
October 21, 2014
Snowmass Village residents, not only is it imperative that you vote, but it is vital that you think hard and see the big picture before you do. Everyone is aware of the dysfunction that mires the current Town Council. We need consensus and new direction, and it all starts with Bob Sirkus. He is exactly what our town needs — the perfect blend of new energy and vast experience.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Bob for 28 years. Not only can I attest to his outstanding and sincere character as an individual, father and grandfather, but I can also speak to his qualifications. Bob is a six-year member of the Snowmass Village Planning Commission and currently serves as its chairman. Serving on the Commission has provided Bob with an in-depth understanding of the Snowmass Village Land Use Code and Comprehensive Plan — vital knowledge for any candidate or public official. Bob's work on the Commission illustrates that not only does he understand the core issues that face our community, but that he is equipped with the tools that will allow him to find appropriate solutions.
Bob is a family man, with excellent business sense who has a deep respect for others and their opinions and who is able to earn such respect in return. He is an excellent idea gatherer who has the passion and drive to help direct our Town Council on a new and inclusive path.
Bob will work hard to sustain the character of our town. He has proven to be a strong and qualified leader who will ensure that our town positively achieves its goals and grows as a community. Help give our council the fresh new voice of reason that it so badly needs by voting Bob Sirkus for Snowmass Village Town Council.
Alyssa Shenk Genshaft
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Village pioneer, icon Dick Moebius celebrates 90
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Snowmaking starts at Aspen Snowmass and natural snow accumulates at mountaintops
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million