Letter: Moving forward with vesting
September 29, 2014
Moving forward with vesting
The Mayor, Town of Snowmass Village Council:
There are significant, substantive and compelling arguments to allow the so-called vesting rights to move forward to expiration in November 2014 as stipulated in the enabling resolution.
If, in the wisdom of the new council seated this November 2014, further privilege to the various corporate applicants is deemed somehow beneficial to all citizens, they may be formulated via a more effective and balanced means. A vendor's lease, contract contingency or zoning variance would be examples far more appropriate and perhaps comprehensible to applicants.
Thank you for your consideration.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe to play Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert in Snowmass Dec. 15
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire