Letter: Markey will lead us wisely
November 6, 2014
This letter is an endorsement for Markey Butler in the Snowmass Village mayoral race. Markey's qualifications for the position of mayor are stellar. Her executive background places her high in the business arena. Her community political and public service place her far above any other candidate as a qualified, dedicated public servant. Markey seems to understand the many unique aspects of Snowmass Village. No other town in the valley has the blessing and the curse of sloping down a magnificent hillside — creating stunning vistas as well as particular challenges. Having steeper roads, driveways and walkways than any other town in the Roaring Fork Valley requires specific safety measures. Many solutions that might work in towns on the valley floor simply aren't viable in Snowmass Village. Markey understands this, and works to make Snowmass Village the best town on a hillside in the state.
Markey also realizes that we, as town residents, have suffered mightily under the stalled construction of Base Village. The standstill has impacted every facet of economic and social life in Snowmass Village. It is imperative that we solve the stalemate in a timely manner, with acceptable compromise, to stimulate the economy and facilitate positive growth.
We urge voters to elect Markey Butler to be mayor of Snowmass Village — she will lead us wisely.
Wolf and Nancy Gensch
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director