Letter: Markey is on the mark
October 21, 2014
Thanks very much for endorsing me for Snowmass Village Town Council. I've worked hard during the campaign to present my positions in a clear fashion. I appreciate your recognition of my experience and leadership expertise.
I don't agree with your endorsement of Jason Haber for Mayor. You see Mr. Haber as "congenial and respectful." I must have missed that part at last Thursday night's candidate forum. I find Jason arrogant and intransigent, which aren't attributes I look for in a mayor. All too often he seems to review issues with an agenda rather than on the facts.
My choice for mayor is Markey Butler, who has the experience to lead Snowmass Village forward. Your newspaper acknowledges she has "exhibited strong leadership" during her time on the Council, a skill which our Council sorely needs. Markey is an honest individual of character and integrity who represents the greater good. She listens to all and can bring people together who want to find ways to agree to solve problems.
If you want a mayor working for the greater good of Snowmass Village, then I urge you to vote for Markey Butler.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Marolt: The data is in — women are better than men
- New Snowmass housing director shares plans for Coffey Place, more enforcement and changes to program
- History: Water falling through in Snowmass
- Snowmass firefighters to move into new station next week as construction is ahead of schedule
- Mountain biker who died at Snowmass ID’d as Woody Creek local, kayaking expert
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night at Snowmass Center
- Is affordable housing no longer affordable in Aspen?
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Aspen’s parking problems persist as director plays whack-a-mole
- ‘Cowboy’ Jim Crowley recollects his 100 years in Fryingpan Valley and Basalt