Letter: A good move for Rotary
September 6, 2013
On behalf of the Rotary Club of Snowmass Village, I would like to thank the town of Snowmass Village for allowing us to hold the 2013 Wine Festival in Town Park on Sept. 14. After 11 years on the Snowmass Village Mall, we are moving the event to a location that can accommodate its growth and one that we hope will be coordinated better with the Balloon Festival to create a more attractive draw for visitors to Snowmass. As both a property and business owner on the Snowmass Mall, I am very supportive of the move. This year the weekend kicks off on the 13th with morning balloon races and an evening at Viceroy Snowmass with "Oregon Meets California," an incredible, four-course wine dinner featuring Left Coast Cellars, of Oregon, and Alexander Valley Vineyards, of California. The Sept. 14 program includes balloon races over breakfast and an expanded Snowmass Wine Festival from 2 to 5 p.m. with a live band, an exhibition of Ferraris, food from 18 local restaurants and wine from 35 vintners. After the wine festival, the balloon night glow will be moved up to Fanny Hill, closer to restaurants. Our goal is to build a marquee weekend that will help us raise more money for local charities and be better for Snowmass businesses.
Funds raised from both the wine dinner on Sept. 13 and the Wine Festival on Sept. 14 support a variety of local causes. For more information or to buy tickets, please visit http://www.snowmasswinefestival.com.
President, Rotary Club of Snowmass Village
Trending In: Snowmass
- Autos and wine festival show love in Snowmass Village this weekend
- Marolt: Do It Yourself and pay someone else
- Snowmass Club under contract for sale of ‘around $20 million,’ set to close mid-August
- Did Aspen’s peak safety program work? The jury’s still out
- Climbing walls on the rise in Colorado and at Snowmass Base Village
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo