Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience back this weekend
August 28, 2018
Jazz Aspen Snowmass' Labor Day Experience kicks off at Town Park on Friday with local favorite Michael Franti and Spearhead at 6 p.m.
Music legend Lionel Richie will make his Snowmass and Aspen debut at 8 p.m.
Bahamas will take the stage at 3 p.m. on Saturday, followed by Fitz and the Tantrums at 5 p.m. and the beloved surf-folk singer Jack Johnson at 7:30 p.m.
The Record Company and bluesman Gary Clark, Jr. will perform Sunday, at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively. The platinum-selling, Grammy-winning Zac Brown Band — which previously headlined the festival in 2011 — will close out the weekend beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday's show will mark Johnson's second appearance at the festival, following a sold-out concert in 2004.
As of the Snowmass Sun's press time Tuesday afternoon, general admission tickets were available for Friday. Saturday and Sunday general admission sold out.
Recommended Stories For You
VIP passes for all three days also are available, including parking, all-day food, gourmet dinner and dessert, premium open bars and a tax deduction.
Visit http://www.jazzaspensnowmass.org for tickets and more information.
Check next week's Snowmass Sun for a review of the 2018 performances from arts and entertainment editor Andrew Travers.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman