Holiday events on deck in Snowmass
December 9, 2015
The Snowmass Chapel, Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District and Anderson Ranch Arts Center have public holiday events lined up over the next two weeks.
On Dec. 11, the chapel will host Light Up the Night, its annual holiday season kickoff and tree lighting. Starting at 5:30 p.m. at the chapel, there will be Santa and Mrs. Claus, live music, cookies and hot cocoa around a bonfire.
And on Dec. 18, Snowmass firefighters will escort Santa Claus around Snowmass Village neighborhoods. Santa will arrive by fire truck at the following times:
6 p.m.: Daly Townhomes
6:20 p.m.: Timbers Club
6:40 p.m.: Fairway Three Townhomes
Recommended Stories For You
7 p.m.: Rodeo Place
7:20 p.m.: Horse Ranch at the Crossings
The Anderson Ranch Arts Center hosts its annual holiday open house from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Dec. 15. A yearly tradition with studio tours, dinner, children's art activities and s'mores around the fire, this year's open house will also include an opening reception for "Finding Place," an exhibition of new works by Alleghany Meadows and Sara Ransford.
In addition, Snowmass Chapel is hosting an exhibition of Aspen resident Bob Camp's photography. The work is on display in the Creekside Room through the new year.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance