History: Lost in the snow
October 31, 2013
The "shoulder season" always seems to be a time for construction. And in 1969, it was no different. The crunch was on to get buildings built before the winter season started as the Snowmass Resort was still being built. But early snows such as those this year didn't help with construction. Help the Aspen Historical Society identify this building being constructed in the fall of 1969: Where was it? We think it looks like a ticket booth with a restaurant at the base of Fanny Hill. Do you remember?
Editor's note: This page is a partnership between the Snowmass Sun
and the Aspen Historical Society with two primary goals in mind: to improve the knowledge of Snowmass history in the region and to collect historical photographs of the Snowmass region for the society. If you have pieces of history to donate, please send them to email@example.com.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility