History: Fanny’s Snack Bar
November 13, 2014
A new venture graces Lot A in Snowmass, according to The Aspen Times on Nov. 13, 1986. "Larry Hietala is a drywall contractor, handyman; and for the past two years he has been driving a bus for RFTA. He has seen the crowds gather at Lot A in Snowmass Village as day skiers head to and from the slopes.
What a great place for a snack bar.
Hietala called in a friend, Jim Engler, who also worked at RFTA, and the two now are partners in Fanny's Snack Bar and Ski Accessories, set to open this ski season.
'I noticed this building being utilized, but I don't think it was ever utilized properly,' said Hietala. 'I felt there was a definite need at this site for a place where a person could pick up a snack, coffee, pop while waiting for a bus or for a doughnut and cup of coffee after getting off the bus in the morning.'"
The area they utilized was slated to become part of the Base Village development back in the 1980s.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall