History: Changing hands
October 15, 2014
"Cozy Point Ranch Sold"
The Aspen Times, Nov. 6, 1947
"Robert Wiese announced, this week, that he had sold his ranch at Cozy Point to Dr. and Mrs. R. M. Burlingame, of Denver. Mr. and Mrs. Wiese will move to the Aspen home of Mr. Wiese's late foster mother, Mrs. Eugenia Cush, next week. Mr. and Mrs. Bill Skiff will move to Cozy Point next week, and will remain to manage it for Dr. and Mrs. Burlingame.
Dr. Burlingame, who was born in Aspen, has been known here for many years as the owner of the ranch at the junction of the Brush Creek road and the highway. The Burlingames plan to improve their summer home which stands on the Brush creek property so that it will be suitable as a permanent residence when Dr. Burlingame retires in a few years.
The home of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Skiff, here, will be occupied by Mrs. J. Ferguson and her son, Donald."
In this photo from Hildur Hoaglund Anderson's collection, farmers thresh crops in the Cozy Point/Mecham Ranch area at the base of Brush Creek, looking across toward Woody Creek.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Co-working spaces, powered by the “Proximity” app, coming to Snowmass Mall and Basalt
- Marolt: Life’s been good to us so far
- After 40+ years with Skico, Steve Sewell retires from Snowmass Ski Area helm
- Snowmass history: The debut of Gwyn’s before it was Gwyn’s
- First female mountain manager at Aspen Skiing Co. Susan Cross takes over in Snowmass
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos