History: Changing hands
October 15, 2014
"Cozy Point Ranch Sold"
The Aspen Times, Nov. 6, 1947
"Robert Wiese announced, this week, that he had sold his ranch at Cozy Point to Dr. and Mrs. R. M. Burlingame, of Denver. Mr. and Mrs. Wiese will move to the Aspen home of Mr. Wiese's late foster mother, Mrs. Eugenia Cush, next week. Mr. and Mrs. Bill Skiff will move to Cozy Point next week, and will remain to manage it for Dr. and Mrs. Burlingame.
Dr. Burlingame, who was born in Aspen, has been known here for many years as the owner of the ranch at the junction of the Brush Creek road and the highway. The Burlingames plan to improve their summer home which stands on the Brush creek property so that it will be suitable as a permanent residence when Dr. Burlingame retires in a few years.
The home of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Skiff, here, will be occupied by Mrs. J. Ferguson and her son, Donald."
In this photo from Hildur Hoaglund Anderson's collection, farmers thresh crops in the Cozy Point/Mecham Ranch area at the base of Brush Creek, looking across toward Woody Creek.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Village pioneer, icon Dick Moebius celebrates 90
- Snowmaking starts at Aspen Snowmass and natural snow accumulates at mountaintops
- Marolt: You have the right to fight and call it a party
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million