History: Changing hands
October 15, 2014
"Cozy Point Ranch Sold"
The Aspen Times, Nov. 6, 1947
"Robert Wiese announced, this week, that he had sold his ranch at Cozy Point to Dr. and Mrs. R. M. Burlingame, of Denver. Mr. and Mrs. Wiese will move to the Aspen home of Mr. Wiese's late foster mother, Mrs. Eugenia Cush, next week. Mr. and Mrs. Bill Skiff will move to Cozy Point next week, and will remain to manage it for Dr. and Mrs. Burlingame.
Dr. Burlingame, who was born in Aspen, has been known here for many years as the owner of the ranch at the junction of the Brush Creek road and the highway. The Burlingames plan to improve their summer home which stands on the Brush creek property so that it will be suitable as a permanent residence when Dr. Burlingame retires in a few years.
The home of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Skiff, here, will be occupied by Mrs. J. Ferguson and her son, Donald."
In this photo from Hildur Hoaglund Anderson's collection, farmers thresh crops in the Cozy Point/Mecham Ranch area at the base of Brush Creek, looking across toward Woody Creek.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone