History: A winning vacation
October 24, 2013
The Aspen Times Snowmass Section announced on Oct. 16, 1986, that TV game shows were going to start offering Snowmass vacations as prizes. "Beginning mid-November, Snowmass Village will be featured in 10-second spots on television game shows such as The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, $25,000 Pyramid, Jeopardy and Hollywood Squares." Hotel accommodations, balloon rides, full skiing vacation packages and lift tickets were pictured for 10 seconds while the announcer read a description of the prize provided as part of the public-relations plan of the Snowmass Resort Association.
Editor's note: This page is a partnership between the Snowmass Sun and the Aspen Historical Society with two primary goals in mind: to improve the knowledge of Snowmass history in the region and to collect historical photographs of the Snowmass region for the society. If you have pieces of history to donate, please send them to email@example.com.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Snowmaking starts at Aspen Snowmass and natural snow accumulates at mountaintops
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River