Half of rec center gym still closed; update coming soon
January 17, 2018
About half of the gymnasium at the Snowmass Recreation Center remains closed after a flooding incident prior to the new year.
Approximately 2,200 square feet of the 4,800-square-foot gymnasium reopened to the public two weeks ago, according to Snowmass Parks, Recreation and Trails director Andy Worline.
A contractor from Denver visited the rec center Jan. 10 to assess the damage, though Worline said he is still uncertain if the repair will involve simply sanding and refinishing the floors or tearing them out and completely redoing them.
Upon offering the pros and cons of each route, Worline said the contractor would let him know more information on a repair timeline and financial estimates sometime this week.
A pipe from the pool filter system cracked Dec. 30 and flooded the gym.
The remainder of the Snowmass Recreation Center, including the cardio and weight room, fitness class area and aquatic facilities, is open.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Aspen Skiing Co. introduces new Snowmass Mountain Club opening in November
- Town of Snowmass Village hires new housing director
- Woman who named Snowmass’ Fanny Hill more than 50 years ago recalls story
- Survey shows Snowmass’ view of pot shops in village, Town Council seeks marketing board take
- East West Partners: Snowmass Base Village will be effective selling itself