Guided hike to explore Sky Mountain Park
September 8, 2013
The Roaring Fork Conservancy is leading a hike into Sky Mountain Park on Sept. 18 to discuss its conservational and recreational significance.
The group will hike up the Viewline Trail from Snowmass Village into Sky Mountain Park and take in views of the upper Roaring Fork and Brush Creek valleys. During a few stops along the way, staff from the Roaring Fork Conservancy and Pitkin County Open Space and Trails will discuss the importance of this open space from a recreation, wildlife and watershed perspective.
The several-mile hike climbs a few hundred feet. The hike will happen rain or shine.
The hike is from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 18. The group will meet at the Snowmass Recreation Center parking lot. It is free to participate.
The event is underwritten by Pitkin County Open Space and Trails. For more information, call 970-927-1290. Registration is required at http://www.roaringfork.org/events.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82