Grab a slice
December 31, 2014
Editor's Note: Business as Usual is a series highlighting local businesses in Snowmass Village. It is published weekly in the Snowmass Sun.
Not hard to find on the second floor of the big red barn building in Base Village, Slice Pizzeria offers Italian comfort food at its best. With a patio that faces the slopes, it can be a great place to grab lunch or a beer after skiing.
Snowmass Sun: How did your business start?
David Dugan: With the closing of the long-running Goodfellas Pizza (formerly on the Snowmass Village Mall) and an empty space in the center of Base Village, we saw an opportunity to take a shot on a concept we had been tossing around for some time. We really had a crunch to get it open in time for the Christmas season, so we threw the basic concept together and have evolved tremendously from there.
Snowmass Sun: What services or goods do you sell?
David Dugan: We sell a full Italian menu including a fantastic wine list put together by Nenad Rafajlovic. People who think we are only pizza are always pleasantly surprised when they can get amazing calamari, authentic pastas and homemade Italian deserts.
Recommended Stories For You
Snowmass Sun: What makes your business unique?
David Dugan: Our food and service set us apart. We take great measures to make sure all our food is made from scratch with the best and freshest ingredients. Our whole staff really enjoys the reactions we get from our customers when they dine with us. There is a lot of pride and passion in this restaurant.
Snowmass Sun: Who is your primary clientele?
David Dugan: We serve everyone. We have a really cool back room we use for our more lively groups as well as kids parties, but the whole restaurant really works for a casual or more intimate dining experience.
Snowmass Sun: What is the best thing about running a business in Snowmass?
David Dugan: That's a tough one. We love getting to be around all the colorful locals as well as meeting and getting to know many of our visitors from all over the world. We also absolutely get a lot of joy from providing some of the best food in the valley. It's a lot of fun working the dining room when you know everyone is having a great time.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Village pioneer, icon Dick Moebius celebrates 90
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Snowmaking starts at Aspen Snowmass and natural snow accumulates at mountaintops
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area