August 13, 2013
The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 29 through Aug. 4.
• Automatic fire alarm at the Westin Hotel. The alarm was caused by water leaking through a smoke detector.
• Smoke report near Anderson Ranch. The smoke was coming from the wood kiln.
• Medical call to Pine Lane for a person who had fallen and was suffering from a laceration to the head. The patient refused transportation to the hospital.
Recommended Stories For You
• Automatic fire alarm at 35 Lower Woodbridge Road, Unit E120. The alarm was caused by construction dust.
• Carbon monoxide alarm at 870 Two Creeks Drive. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.
• Odor investigation at 130 Kearns Road, Snowmass Village Town Hall. The cause of the odor was fumes from fuel offloading at the Conoco.
• Medical call at 5275 Owl Creek Road, the fire station, for a walk-in patient who had been stung by a bee and was suffering from minor breathing discomfort. The patient refused treatment and transportation to the hospital.
• Automatic fire alarm at 690 Carriage Way, Unit A3F. A smoke detector was activated by a cooking error.
• Medical call at 73 Wood Road for a bike accident. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
• Mutual aid to Aspen Ambulance District for a medical call at 400 S. Garmisch St. for a person who had fallen. The patient refused transportation to the hospital.
• Medical call at the intersection of Wood Road and Carriage Way for a bike accident. The patient was turned over to the Snowmass Village Police Department.
• Medical call at 239 Snowmass Club Circle, near the golf course, for a bicycle accident. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
• Medical call at the Valhalla trail on the Snowmass ski area for a bicycle accident. The ambulance was parked on the ski hill, and paramedics hiked to the patient. The Snowmass Mountain Rangers assisted with patient extrication from the trail. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
• Pull-station alarm at 150 Snowmass Club Circle, Unit 1634. The alarm was activated accidentally by a cleaning crew.
• Automatic-aid medical call at the intersection of Highway 82 and Brush Creek Road for an auto-versus-bus accident. Two people were evaluated for injuries, and both refused transportation to the hospital.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe to play Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert in Snowmass Dec. 15
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River