August 13, 2013
The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 29 through Aug. 4.
• Automatic fire alarm at the Westin Hotel. The alarm was caused by water leaking through a smoke detector.
• Smoke report near Anderson Ranch. The smoke was coming from the wood kiln.
• Medical call to Pine Lane for a person who had fallen and was suffering from a laceration to the head. The patient refused transportation to the hospital.
Recommended Stories For You
• Automatic fire alarm at 35 Lower Woodbridge Road, Unit E120. The alarm was caused by construction dust.
• Carbon monoxide alarm at 870 Two Creeks Drive. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.
• Odor investigation at 130 Kearns Road, Snowmass Village Town Hall. The cause of the odor was fumes from fuel offloading at the Conoco.
• Medical call at 5275 Owl Creek Road, the fire station, for a walk-in patient who had been stung by a bee and was suffering from minor breathing discomfort. The patient refused treatment and transportation to the hospital.
• Automatic fire alarm at 690 Carriage Way, Unit A3F. A smoke detector was activated by a cooking error.
• Medical call at 73 Wood Road for a bike accident. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
• Mutual aid to Aspen Ambulance District for a medical call at 400 S. Garmisch St. for a person who had fallen. The patient refused transportation to the hospital.
• Medical call at the intersection of Wood Road and Carriage Way for a bike accident. The patient was turned over to the Snowmass Village Police Department.
• Medical call at 239 Snowmass Club Circle, near the golf course, for a bicycle accident. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
• Medical call at the Valhalla trail on the Snowmass ski area for a bicycle accident. The ambulance was parked on the ski hill, and paramedics hiked to the patient. The Snowmass Mountain Rangers assisted with patient extrication from the trail. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
• Pull-station alarm at 150 Snowmass Club Circle, Unit 1634. The alarm was activated accidentally by a cleaning crew.
• Automatic-aid medical call at the intersection of Highway 82 and Brush Creek Road for an auto-versus-bus accident. Two people were evaluated for injuries, and both refused transportation to the hospital.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis