Fire calls, June 8-14 | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls, June 8-14

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from June 8 to 14.

June 8

• Fire alarm at 70 Club Commons Circle, Building 3. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

• Fire alarm at 25 Daly Lane, the Pokolodi Lodge. The alarm system was activated when someone maliciously pulled an alarm box.

June 9

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Bridge Lane. Carbon monoxide levels up to 250 parts per million were found throughout the house. The carbon monoxide was caused by a gas-powered saw being used close to the air intake on the exterior of the house for the heating/air-handling system for the house. The house was searched and ventilated before the alarm was reset.

June 10

Carbon monoxide alarm at 60 Fall Lane, the Sonnenblick Condominiums. No carbon monoxide was detected. No carbon monoxide alarm could be found. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

June 11

• Fire alarm at a home on Fox Run Drive. The alarm system was activated by construction dust.

• Medical call to 100 Elbert Lane, the Westin, for a person suffering from low blood pressure. One person was evaluated at the scene and refused transportation to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Saddleback Lane. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no carbon monoxide was detected.

• Citizen assist with a person with movement at a home on Sinclair Road.

• Fire alarm at a home on Faraway Road. A lightning-caused power surge activated the alarm system.

June 12

• Medical call to 690 Carriage Way, the Timberline Condominiums, for a person in cardiac arrest. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

• Fire alarm at 135 Carriage Way, the Tamarack Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no smoke or fire conditions were found.

• Mutual aid requested to the Slaughterhouse Falls/Jaffey Park area to stand by for a swift-water rescue. The response was canceled.

• Fire call to 610 Carriage Way, Lot 10, for a fuel leak. The fuel was caught in absorbent pads and dry sweep to be cleaned up by the owner.

• Fire alarm at 36 Commons Circle. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

June 13

• Mutual aid requested by the Snowmass Village Police Department to 2831 Brush Creek Road to assist with crowd control and an evacuation of Mammoth Fest because of hazardous weather in the area.

• Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance to respond to South Monarch Street. The response was canceled.

• Medical call to 401 Wood Road, the Base of Sky Cab, for a vehicle accident. One person was treated for a head injury and transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

June 14

Fire alarm at 135 Carriage Way, the Tamarack Condominiums, Building 2. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.