Fire calls, June 15-21 | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls, June 15-21

Staff reort

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from June 15 through 21.

June 15

Fire alarm at a home on Burlingame Lane. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Water flow alarm at the Westin Snowmass. The engineering department was working on the system and tripped the water flow switch.

Fire alarm at the Crestwood Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no fire conditions or water flowing were found.

June 16

Fire alarm at a home on Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by property management checking to see what size batteries were used in the detectors. No fire or smoke conditions were found.

June 17

Medical call to Fanny Hill above the Westin Snowmass for a bicycle accident. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital with chest injuries.

Gas alarm at a home on Streamside Court. The alarm system was activated by fumes from PVC glue.

Standby for medical calls at the Snowmass Rodeo. No injuries occurred.

June 18

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Streamside Court. The alarm system was activated by fumes from PVC glue.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Faraway Road. The alarm system was activated by painters removing a detector.

Fire alarm at 105 Daly Lane. The alarm system was activated by steam from cleaning the grill.

June 19

Gas alarm at a home on Streamside Court. The alarm system was activated by a contractor working in the home. No hazards were found.

June 20

Medical call to the Lynn Britt Cabin on Snowmass Mountain. The response was canceled by the Snowmass Mountain Rangers.

Mutual aid requested by the Aspen Ambulance District to respond to South Galena Street at the Belly Up for a person who was unconscious. The response was canceled.

June 21

Fire alarm at 476 Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by painters working near the detector. No smoke or fire conditions were found.

Fire alarm at 55 Timbers Club Court. The alarm system was activated by excessive heat in one of the units.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.