Fire calls, July 6-12 | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls, July 6-12

Staff report

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 6-11.

July 6

Medical call to a home on Wood Road for a person suffering from abdominal pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

July 7

Fire alarm at a home on Beaver Court. The alarm system was activated by steam from a shower.

Fire alarm at a home on Faraway Road. The alarm system was activated by steam from a shower.

Fire alarm at a home on Stellar Lane. The alarm system had accidentally been activated by the homeowner.

July 8

Medical call to the Snowmass Club men’s locker room for a person who had slipped and fallen. One person was evaluated at the scene and refused transportation to the hospital.

Medical call to a home on Snowmass Club Circle for a person having trouble breathing. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

July 9

Fire alarm at a home on Horse Ranch Drive. The alarm system was activated by a possible system malfunction as no smoke or fire conditions were found.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Horse Ranch Drive. The alarm system was activated by the occupant of the home hitting the button on the carbon monoxide detector. No carbon monoxide was detected in the house.

Standby for medical calls on West Sopris Creek Road during a polo tournament.

July 10

Fire alarm at a home on Lake Wildcat Road. The alarm system was activated by plumbers working in the mechanical room.

Fire call to a home on Turkey Trot Court for a report of smoke showing. The smoke condition was caused by the occupants having a barbecue in their side yard.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance District to respond to a medical call on East Hopkins Avenue for an intoxicated person bleeding from his mouth. One person was evaluated at the scene and released to the Aspen Police Department.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Meadow Road. The alarm system was activated by the occupant checking the memory on his detector after having someone work on his boiler in the mechanical room. No carbon monoxide was detected in the house.

July 11

Flow alarm at the Treehouse. The alarm system was accidentally activated.

Medical call to the intersection of the Elk Camp Work Road and Government Trail for a person suffering from back pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

Medical call to Carriage Way for a person suffering from abdominal pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

Medical call to the Nature Trail to stage in Lot 7/8 for person who was unable to walk out. The person was assisted out and no further aid was needed.

Fire call to Gene Taylor’s on the Snowmass Village Mall for a smoke investigation. No sign of smoke or fire could be found.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance to respond to the Aspen-Pitkin County Airport to transport a person from a helicopter to the hospital. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

Fire alarm at a home on Lower Woodbridge Road. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error. The alarm was reset with difficulty. ProGuard was notified and was scheduled to follow up.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.