Fire calls, Dec. 2-8
December 16, 2013
The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from Dec. 2 through 8.
Medical call to 130 Kearns Road at the Snowmass Village Police Department for a person suffering from a cut finger from being in a rollover accident. The patient refused treatment and transportation to the hospital.
Flow alarm at 55 Upper Woodbridge Road. The cause of the alarm was water flowing out of a pipe in the boiler room in the J Building. Firefighters isolated the leak, and Fire Sprinkler Services arrived on the scene to fix the problem.
Police assist at 112 Meadow Ranch. Firefighters placed a ladder to a second-floor balcony, where the Snowmass Village Police Department made entry through an open door to investigate a burglar alarm.
Recommended Stories For You
Automatic fire alarm at 135 Carriage Way, the Tamarack Condos, Building 2. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error in Unit 7.
Pull-station alarm at 52 Commons Circle on the west end of the third floor. The alarm was caused by someone maliciously pulling a pull station.
Automatic fire alarm at 18 Hidden Lane. The cause of the alarm was steam from a shower.
Medical call to 70 Gallun Lane for a person who had fallen out of bed and injured their shoulder. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
Mutual-aid request from the Aspen Ambulance District for a medical call at 135 West Buttermilk Road for a person suffering from a knee injury. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
Automatic fire alarm at 73 Wood Road. The cause of the alarm was steam from a dishwasher.
Rescue call to 491 Edgewood Lane for a person stuck in an elevator between floors. Firefighters extricated the person from the elevator.
Flow alarm at 100 Elbert Lane, the Westin, Lower Level 1. The cause of the alarm was a broken pipe in Wildflowers. The water was shut off to the fire sprinklers. The electricity was shut off to the effected businesses below. Firefighters helped move their merchandise away from the water.
Medical call to 165 Daly Lane for a person suffering from a possible broken arm. Mutual aid was requested from Aspen Ambulance to cover this call while Snowmass crews were in route to the water flow at 100 Elbert Lane.
Flow alarm at 150 Snowmass Club Circle, 1500 Building. A broken pipe in the riser room was leaking through the ceiling into the laundry room. Firefighters shut off the water and electricity and assisted on-scene management with information.
Automatic fire alarm at 135 Carriage Way, the Tamarack Condos, Building 7, Unit 36. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.
Automatic fire alarm at 150 Snowmass Club Circle, 1500 Building. The alarm was set off by management trying to reset the system from a previous call to a water break.
Fire/medical call to the intersection of Brush Creek Road and Pioneer Springs Road for a one-vehicle accident. Responders were canceled by on-scene Aspen Fire personnel.
Carbon monoxide alarm at 130 Wood Road, the Viceroy Hotel, Unit 528. No carbon monoxide was found in the room. The cause of the alarm was the occupant hitting the test button.
Automatic fire alarm at 24 Village Bound Road. The cause of the alarm was determined to be a system malfunction.
Fire call to 3745 Owl Creek Road for a one-vehicle rollover accident. No hazardous-material concerns were found with the vehicle, and no one was present at the accident scene. Footprints were found leading away from the accident scene. The incident was turned over to the Snowmass Village police.
Automatic fire alarm at 24 Village Bound, the Wood Run V Townhomes. The cause of the alarm was a smoke-detector malfunction.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche