Fire calls, Aug. 24-30 | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls, Aug. 24-30

Staff report

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from Aug. 24-30.

August 24

Fire alarm at the Crestwood Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Medical call to the Snowmass ski area for a person who had been electrocuted. One person was evaluated at the scene and transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance District to the intersection of Main and Mill streets for a two-car accident with injuries. One person was evaluated at the scene and transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment. Part of the crew helped staff a second Aspen ambulance for this call.

Carbon monoxide alarm at the Top of the Village Condominiums. The carbon monoxide was caused by a pressure washer being used. No carbon monoxide was detected upon our arrival.

August 25

Lift assist at a home on Sinclair Road.

August 27

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Faraway Road. Carbon monoxide gas was detected in the mechanical room. Property management contacted Source Gas to correct the problem.

August 28

Fire alarm at the Crestwood Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

August 29

Medical call to Fanny Hill and Wood Road for a person who had fainted. One person was evaluated at the scene and refused transportation to the hospital.

August 30

Fire alarm at a home on Maple Ridge Lane. The alarm system was activated by a power surge.

Medical call to the Snowmass Club for a person who had fainted. One person was evaluated at the scene and transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

Medical call to the fire station for a person who came in feeling lightheaded. One person was evaluated at the scene and refused transportation to the hospital.

Medical call to the intersection of the Funnel work road and Fanny Hill for a person suffering from wrist pain. One person was evaluated at the scene and transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for further treatment.

Fire alarm at a home on Wood Road in Base Village. The alarm system was activated by a possible system malfunction as no sign of smoke or fire could be found.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.