Fire calls | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls

Staff report
Snowmass Sun

The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 22 through 28.

July 22:

• Medical call to 100 Elbert Lane, the Westin, for a person who had a bike accident and was suffering from facial lacerations and right wrist pain. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

July 23:

• Automatic fire alarm to 36 Commons Circle. A cooking error activated a smoke detector.

July 24:

• Gas alarm at 162 View Ridge Lane. The alarm was activated by a false positive from the fumes the painter was creating by painting with lacquer.

• Medical call to 105 Daly Lane at the Fruit Bowl pickup point to receive a patient transferred from the Snowmass Mountain Rangers. The patient was suffering from an arm injury and was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Mutual aid for the Aspen Ambulance District at 499 Meadow Wood Drive. The response was canceled.

• Mutual aid for Aspen Ambulance at 1450 Crystal Lake Road for a person suffering from a seizure. The patient refused treatment and transportation to the hospital.

• Standby at the Snowmass Rodeo. No injuries occurred.

July 26:

• Medical call to Fanny Hill for a person suffering from a leg injury. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Medical call to 400 Wood Road, the Crestwood Condos, Unit 2302, for a person who had fainted. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

July 27:

• Medical call to the North Rim Trail 200 yards up from Sinclair Road for a person suffering from dizziness. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Carbon monoxide alarm at 339 Lemond Place. No carbon monoxide was detected. The cause of the alarm was a possible system malfunction.

• Flow alarm at 120 Wood Road. No flowing water was found. The cause of the alarm was a possible system malfunction.

July 28:

• Public assist to 170 Terrace Drive to help move a resident who had recent surgery.

• Automatic fire alarm to 54 Snowmass Village Mall, the Ice Age Discovery Center. Dust from cutting plaster casting set off a smoke detector.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.