Environment Foundation announces grant deadline
September 24, 2013
The Environment Foundation, Aspen Skiing Co.'s employee-run nonprofit charity, is accepting grant applications for projects that aim to improve or protect the Roaring Fork Valley's environment.
The application deadline for the fall cycle is 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 1.
The foundation supports projects that promote environmental education and research, seek to reduce the impacts of climate change, foster responsible stewardship of natural resources, protect mountain ecosystems and preserve and create opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Eligible recipients may be private or nonprofit organizations or government agencies. The board of directors evaluates all grant applications first on compliance with the eligibility requirements and then on set selection criteria. Typical grant requests are in the $2,000-to-$10,000 range. The foundation will consider larger requests if proposals clearly demonstrate a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on issues of critical importance to the valley.
Applicants can request an electronic grant application, eligibility guidelines or more information from Matthew Hamilton at mhamilton@aspen snowmass.com. Completed applications should be emailed to the same address.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Snowmass history: A brush with death
- Snowmass looks for strong start, last pieces of puzzle coming together
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner