Deaf Camp Benefit with Spin Doctors, Mandy Harvey on Saturday
July 17, 2018
Aspen Camp School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing celebrates 51 years this summer with its annual Deaf Camp Benefit on Saturday. The New York City-born Spin Doctors, famous for the hit "Two Princes," will headline the fundraising event beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Mandy Harvey, the deaf singer who wowed audiences with her voice and her ukulele on season 12 of "America's Got Talent," will open the musical talent at 5 p.m. The Deaf Camp performers will follow at 6:30 p.m.
See sidebar above for complete schedule.
"Aspen Camp relies on this fundraiser to continue our important mission," camp executive director Lesa Thomas said in a statement. "This concert is a way for us to connect with the community year after year and we are excited as always to partner with Snowmass Village and to highlight our exciting work."
Originally called the Deaf Camp Picnic, the benefit started in the 1960s with the help of John Denver, Jimmy Buffet, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and others.
The Deaf Camp Benefit is free but donations are encouraged. All proceeds from this event go to Aspen Camp, which helps the deaf community through education, experiences and networking.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information, visit http://www.aspencamp.org.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Meet Snowmass Town Council for ‘Get the Scoop’ before group photo Thursday
- Zoppé Italian Family Circus back in Snowmass Base Village
- Marolt: It’s no big deal if you voted for Base Village, unless you now deny it
- Snowmass history: Bringing in butter from Brush Creek
- Snowmass Town Council reviews regulations for pot shops, mayor no longer combating them