Construction begins at Snowmass Town Park station
August 7, 2018
Drivers can expect periodic one-lane closures along Brush Creek Road until Labor Day weekend as contractors with the town work to improve the road near Town Park.
The project is focused on pedestrian enhancements such as realigning the crosswalks across Brush Creek Road and improving the bus stops, lighting area signage and landscaping.
Traffic will experience slight delays during alternating one-way closures on the road.
Reduced speeds are posted and will be enforced in the construction area throughout the duration of the project. Town park bus stops have been temporarily relocated.
The town of Snowmass advises motorists to use caution, drive safely and look out for detour signage in the construction area.
The majority of the project, including the paving, will be complete before Labor Day weekend. Minor improvements and landscaping are expected to last until October.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Marolt: Why Moab is popular in the fall
- Pot progression: Snowmass council agrees on town rules, banning sales in Base Village
- Snowmass’ Wood Bridge closed for repairs until Nov. 30
- Mountain biker who died at Snowmass ID’d as Woody Creek local, kayaking expert
- Snowmass firefighters to move into new station next week as construction is ahead of schedule
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen housing board lets man suffering from PTSD stay in home
- Aspen football beats Coal Ridge on senior day, will face Basalt for WSL title