‘Chasing Ice’ documentary comes to Carbondale
November 11, 2013
The Academy Award-nominated "Chasing Ice" documentary film will be screened at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29 at the Third Street Center in Carbondale.
"Chasing Ice" is the story of one man's mission to change the tide of history by gathering evidence of climate change. Using time-lapse cameras, his videos compress years into seconds and capture ancient mountains of ice in motion as they disappear.
The film's trailer can be seen at http://www.chasingice.com/see-the-film/trailer.
The screening is sponsored by Clean Energy Economy for the Region, Colorado Mountain College, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency, Solar Energy International and the Wilderness Workshop.
For more information, contact Maisa Metcalf, of Clean Energy Economy for the Region, at 970-704-9200 or info@clean energyeconomy.net.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe to play Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert in Snowmass Dec. 15
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River