Charles Mark Prentice, Jr.
December 22, 2015
Charles Mark Prentice Jr. (Chuck) passed away at the age of 55 years in Glenwood Springs Colorado on November 17, 2015.
Born November 18, 1959 in New Iberia Louisiana to Billie Ann (Babs) Bigler Prentice and Charles Mark Prentice Sr.
He is survived by his parents, brothers William Scott (Bill) Prentice and James Patrick (Jim) Prentice, sisters-in-law Roxanne E. Prentice and Lisa H. Prentice, nieces Harper E. Prentice, Caroline Lavenue and nephew P. Harrison Prentice. Chuck was also survived and loved by two aunts an uncle and many cousins.
Preceeding him in death was a cousin Jimmy Bigler, maternal grandparents Karl and Willamette Bigler and paternal grandparents Alton and Winnie Prentice.
Chuck's education included E. A. Martin Elementary, L. J. Alleman Middle, Paul Breaux Junior High and Acadiana High School in Lafayette La. He was a graduate of Louisiana State University and was a member of Kappa Alpha Order.
After LSU Chuck headed to the Rocky Mountains and lived there the remainder of his life. In thirty plus years, he made lifelong friends that were his mountain family. "C. P." Loved his mountain family.
Recommended Stories For You
Private arrangements will be held under the direction of Farnum-Holt Funeral Home in Glenwood Springs CO.
Donations may be made in Chuck's memory to Aspen Hope Center, P.O. Box 1115, Basalt Colorado 81621
Trending In: Snowmass
- After 40+ years with Skico, Steve Sewell retires from Snowmass Ski Area helm
- Co-working spaces, powered by the “Proximity” app, coming to Snowmass Mall and Basalt
- First female mountain manager at Aspen Skiing Co. Susan Cross takes over in Snowmass
- Snowmass history: The debut of Gwyn’s before it was Gwyn’s
- Marolt: Skiing efficiently at 1.5 gallons per day
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified