Beathard: Wanted: Voice of a generation — er, village
December 16, 2015
Calling all town criers, gadflies, concerned citizens and anyone who's just plain opinionated …
Mel Blumenthal has decided to exit the Snowmass Sun stage after roughly 10 years opining on its pages. I think Mel would agree that his column has provoked reactions in people from one extreme to the other, but always he got people talking about important issues in Snowmass Village.
Which brings me to my purpose this week: I want this opinion page to continue to be a platform for the residents, property owners and workers of Snowmass to discuss the issues that uniquely impact the village. Roger Marolt and I hit on those topics from time to time — I think Roger did an especially good job representing a sentiment held by a lot of community members this week — but we can't hold down the fort on our own.
So, if you or someone you know has an interest in Snowmass issues, can string a few sentences together into something coherent and can adhere to a weekly deadline, send me an email and let's grab coffee. Because this little paper is about one thing — the Snowmass Village community — and all the voices of that community need to be represented as fully as possible.
Jill Beathard is the editor of the Snowmass Sun. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Autos and wine festival show love in Snowmass Village this weekend
- Marolt: Do It Yourself and pay someone else
- Snowmass Club under contract for sale of ‘around $20 million,’ set to close mid-August
- Did Aspen’s peak safety program work? The jury’s still out
- Climbing walls on the rise in Colorado and at Snowmass Base Village
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance