AVSC ski swap moving to midvalley
September 27, 2013
This week's snow is a reminder that the ski and snowboard season is just around the corner.
The Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club will have its annual Winter Sports Swap in the parking lot of Whole Foods from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 13. This is a new location for the event.
Fees from individual and commercial vendors at the Winter Sports Swap directly benefit AVSC's Scholarship Fund.
So does the Community Giving Day on Oct. 9, when Whole Foods in El Jebel will donate 5 percent of its proceeds from store sales to the scholarship fund.
One in three athletes receives some kind of financial assistance, and between scholarships and program subsidies, AVSC provides close to $1 million annually to its 2,250 Base Camp and team athletes.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Woman who named Snowmass’ Fanny Hill more than 50 years ago recalls story
- Aspen-Snowmass saw ‘north of 18,000’ skiers for powder Sunday
- Survey shows Snowmass’ view of pot shops in village, Town Council seeks marketing board take
- East West Partners: Snowmass Base Village will be effective selling itself
- Snowmass history: Sleigh-mass
- Snowstorm in Aspen creates headaches for cops, commuters
- Four receive hefty fine for ducking ropes at Snowmass
- Aspen man’s death still a mystery
- Aspen committee chooses Capitol Creek Brewing owner to run Wheeler restaurant space
- Aspen-Snowmass snowfall in February already exceeds what fell in prior months