AVSC ski swap moving to midvalley
September 27, 2013
This week's snow is a reminder that the ski and snowboard season is just around the corner.
The Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club will have its annual Winter Sports Swap in the parking lot of Whole Foods from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 13. This is a new location for the event.
Fees from individual and commercial vendors at the Winter Sports Swap directly benefit AVSC's Scholarship Fund.
So does the Community Giving Day on Oct. 9, when Whole Foods in El Jebel will donate 5 percent of its proceeds from store sales to the scholarship fund.
One in three athletes receives some kind of financial assistance, and between scholarships and program subsidies, AVSC provides close to $1 million annually to its 2,250 Base Camp and team athletes.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items