AVSC ski swap moving to midvalley
September 27, 2013
This week's snow is a reminder that the ski and snowboard season is just around the corner.
The Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club will have its annual Winter Sports Swap in the parking lot of Whole Foods from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 13. This is a new location for the event.
Fees from individual and commercial vendors at the Winter Sports Swap directly benefit AVSC's Scholarship Fund.
So does the Community Giving Day on Oct. 9, when Whole Foods in El Jebel will donate 5 percent of its proceeds from store sales to the scholarship fund.
One in three athletes receives some kind of financial assistance, and between scholarships and program subsidies, AVSC provides close to $1 million annually to its 2,250 Base Camp and team athletes.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone