Aspen to observe 9-11
September 10, 2013
A Sept. 11 observance will be held at the Aspen Fire Station on East Hopkins Avenue.
The service is open to the public.
The itinerary for the event is as follows:
7:45 a.m. — Staging of firetrucks and engines.
7:50 a.m. — Aspen Valley Fire Department personnel assemble.
7:55 a.m. — Fire chief welcomes attendees.
Recommended Stories For You
7:58 a.m. — Minute of silence.
7:59 a.m. — Time of South Tower collapse.
8 a.m. — Bagpipes playing "Amazing Grace."
8:02 a.m. — Flag lowering and wreath placement.
8:05 a.m. — Chaplain to speak.
8:08 a.m. — Attendees allowed to speak.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe to play Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert in Snowmass Dec. 15
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire