Aspen Skiing Co. unveils lineup for Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series
November 19, 2013
Aspen Skiing Co. has announced the dates and most of the acts for its Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series. The series features free performances on select dates through the ski season.
The 2013-14 series opens Nov. 30 with Elephant Revival. The Colorado-based acoustic gypsy-folk band, which recently released the album "These Changing Skies," will play at the Aspen Gondola Plaza.
The electro-rock band Savoy performs Jan. 24 at the Gondola Plaza. The trio, which formed in Colorado and has since moved to Brooklyn, N.Y., has been a headliner at Red Rocks.
Black Uhuru, the Jamaican reggae group whose roots trace back to 1972, plays Feb. 15 in Snowmass Base Village. The band's 1980 album "Anthem" earned the first-ever Grammy award for best reggae album.
Cash'd Out, a Johnny Cash tribute act from Southern California, is set for March 14 on the Gondola Plaza. The Core Party is set for March 21 at the corner of Cooper and Galena in downtown Aspen, with an act still to be announced.
The series concludes with the roots-rock band Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real on March 29 in Snowmass Base Village. The group, which has appeared frequently at Belly Up, is led by singer, songwriter and guitarist Nelson, a son of singer Willie Nelson.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche