Ahead of schedule, Aspen Mountain to open Nov. 16 and 17
November 12, 2013
The buzz of an early opening on Aspen Mountain is now a reality.
Aspen Skiing Co. announced over the weekend that the mountain will open to skiing and snowboarding on Nov. 16 and 17. That's 12 days earlier than the scheduled opening of Thanksgiving Day.
Both Aspen and Snowmass will open daily for the season starting Nov. 23, five days ahead of the scheduled opening days, Skico said.
Skico said "the snow and cold temperatures have allowed crews to work around the clock and get the mountains ready."
Top-to-bottom skiing on Aspen Mountain will be available with both the Spar Gulch and Copper Bowl sides of the mountain, Skico said.
More than 200 acres of terrain will be open on Aspen Mountain, with
Recommended Stories For You
The Silver Queen Gondola and Ajax Express Chair open, as well as the Sundeck and Ajax Tavern. Skico said it will release details on terrain later this week.
All season passes will be valid, Skico said.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility