Ahead of schedule, Aspen Mountain to open Nov. 16 and 17
November 12, 2013
The buzz of an early opening on Aspen Mountain is now a reality.
Aspen Skiing Co. announced over the weekend that the mountain will open to skiing and snowboarding on Nov. 16 and 17. That's 12 days earlier than the scheduled opening of Thanksgiving Day.
Both Aspen and Snowmass will open daily for the season starting Nov. 23, five days ahead of the scheduled opening days, Skico said.
Skico said "the snow and cold temperatures have allowed crews to work around the clock and get the mountains ready."
Top-to-bottom skiing on Aspen Mountain will be available with both the Spar Gulch and Copper Bowl sides of the mountain, Skico said.
More than 200 acres of terrain will be open on Aspen Mountain, with
Recommended Stories For You
The Silver Queen Gondola and Ajax Express Chair open, as well as the Sundeck and Ajax Tavern. Skico said it will release details on terrain later this week.
All season passes will be valid, Skico said.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers