Smoke, no fire at the Tyrolean | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Smoke, no fire at the Tyrolean

Aspen Times Staff Report
Aspen, CO Colorado

ASPEN ” A smoking pot of food left on a stove caused a brief scare at Aspen’s Tyrolean Lodge Thursday morning, when firefighters were summoned to a structure fire at the venerable establishment.

Smoke was reportedly pouring from a garden-level unit at the Main Street ski lodge, long operated by the Wille family. A burning pot of food ” rice, according to one firefighter ” was apparently to blame. Rooms at the Tyrolean are outfitted with kitchenettes.

Firefighters and an ambulance were called out at about 10:50 a.m. Fifteen minutes later, the incident was declared over.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User