Schwoerer gets it
We all realize that we live in an incredibly special place. I believe we are especially lucky that we have such a great group of people running for Basalt Town Council. They all think they can make Basalt a better place.
The person that stands out for me is Katie Schwoerer. Her resume includes:
– Masters in international administration
– B.A. in economics and international studies
– Staff position with the Speaker of the House of Representatives in Washington, DC.
– Researcher for Parliament in London, England
– Volunteer at an orphanage in Guatemala City
– Lender for a local bank
– She married a life-long valley resident and has lived here since 2000. She is a volunteer tutor and the treasurer of the local nonprofit, Spring Board.
Katie has the energy to work for the things families care about in Basalt. She is dedicated to fresh approaches to solving large and small issues. She knows there are about one million square feet of growth already approved by former councils. She is adamantly for more affordable housing and open space. She will support responsible growth and fight sprawl. She also wants to work on increased day care options.
Join me in voting for Katie Schwoerer for Basalt Council. She gets it.