RV camper catches fire in Carbondale; plume of smoke seen for miles | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

RV camper catches fire in Carbondale; plume of smoke seen for miles

John Stroud
Glenwood Springs Post Independent
An RV caught fire Monday evening in a Carbondale parking lot. No one was injured.
John Stroud / Glenwood Springs Post Independent

The Carbondale Fire Department responded to a camper on fire in the parking lot of the Sopris Shopping Center in Carbondale just before 6:30 p.m. Monday. Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the vehicle, which was a total loss.

The fire began in the dash panel as the driver was moving through the parking lot, according to Carbondale Fire officials on the scene.

After attempting, unsuccessfully, to put out the fire, the driver called the Fire Department.

The fire created a huge column of smoke that was visible along Highway 82 approaching Carbondale from both directions.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User