Menconi running for seat in Senate
January 17, 2016
Arn Menconi of Carbondale announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate as a member of the Green Party today in Denver. Menconi served two terms as an Eagle County commissioner from 2001 to 2009.
Menconi also founded the Snowboard Outreach Society, now known as SOS Outreach, in 1993 as a grassroots nonprofit to provide funding and activities for youth at risk. Menconi was born and raised in the Chicago area and graduated from DePaul University in Chicago. He moved to Colorado in 1991, received a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Denver in 1996 and is a certified snowboard instructor.
Trending In: Regional
- Colorado snowpack is historically low, but Summit County is faring better than most
- Jail time, intense probation handed down in child porn case
- Aurora residents ID’d in Glenwood Canyon accident
- History lives: 43rd annual 10th Mountain Division Memorial Ceremony celebrates heroes, history
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines
- City of Aspen preparing for upheaval of pedestrian malls
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Feds intervene in Basalt cell service dispute, prompting answer from Verizon