Maroon Creek Road bike-crash victim ID’d as Henry ‘Hank’ Vosbein from New Orleans
September 16, 2013
A man who died in a bicycling crash on Maroon Creek Road on Sunday was identified Monday by the Pitkin County Coroner's Office as Henry "Hank" Vosbein, 74, of New Orleans. A statement from the Corner's Office said Vosbein died of "multiple injuries."
The Pitkin County Sheriff's Office reported Sunday that the cyclist was descending near mile marker 9 in the area of Stein's Meadow when he ran off the right side of the road and was thrown 10 to 15 feet onto "rough terrain." The accident was reported to authorities at 12:25 p.m. Vosbein was taken to Aspen Valley Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. No cause of the crash was reported by authorities. Vosbein was riding with friends and family when the accident occurred.
Trending In: Regional
- Michael Younger, of Woody Creek, jailed for allegedly crashing car into Aspen bank
- Person ID’d in fatal crash near New Castle as Basalt resident
- Eagle County Commissioner: Jeanne McQueeney solidly wins re-election
- Jail time, intense probation handed down in child porn case
- Murdered D.C. family has ties to Eagle County ranch west of Vail
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items