Maroon Creek Road bike-crash victim ID’d as Henry ‘Hank’ Vosbein from New Orleans
September 16, 2013
A man who died in a bicycling crash on Maroon Creek Road on Sunday was identified Monday by the Pitkin County Coroner's Office as Henry "Hank" Vosbein, 74, of New Orleans. A statement from the Corner's Office said Vosbein died of "multiple injuries."
The Pitkin County Sheriff's Office reported Sunday that the cyclist was descending near mile marker 9 in the area of Stein's Meadow when he ran off the right side of the road and was thrown 10 to 15 feet onto "rough terrain." The accident was reported to authorities at 12:25 p.m. Vosbein was taken to Aspen Valley Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. No cause of the crash was reported by authorities. Vosbein was riding with friends and family when the accident occurred.
Trending In: Regional
- Colorado’s search for the right de-icing mixture
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Eagle County Dems plan Feb. 5 forum, vote to fill Ryan’s seat
- Lake Christine fire case sent to District Court. Richard Miller, Allison Marcus back in court Jan. 23
- Colorado appellate judge resigns after panel finds impropriety
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday