Maroon Creek Road bike-crash victim ID’d as Henry ‘Hank’ Vosbein from New Orleans
September 16, 2013
A man who died in a bicycling crash on Maroon Creek Road on Sunday was identified Monday by the Pitkin County Coroner's Office as Henry "Hank" Vosbein, 74, of New Orleans. A statement from the Corner's Office said Vosbein died of "multiple injuries."
The Pitkin County Sheriff's Office reported Sunday that the cyclist was descending near mile marker 9 in the area of Stein's Meadow when he ran off the right side of the road and was thrown 10 to 15 feet onto "rough terrain." The accident was reported to authorities at 12:25 p.m. Vosbein was taken to Aspen Valley Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. No cause of the crash was reported by authorities. Vosbein was riding with friends and family when the accident occurred.
Trending In: Regional
- Eagle County officials concerned by wildlife population declines
- Murdered D.C. family has ties to Eagle County ranch west of Vail
- Longtime Aspen cop to run against DiSalvo for sheriff next year
- Grieving mom wants Aspen to confront youth drug addiction
- Aspen area’s Elk Mountains are in a league of their own for risk
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border