Man found dead in Silt ditch
November 21, 2013
SILT — Police here are investigating a "suspicious death" of a man found dead in the Cactus Valley ditch at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to Police Chief Levy Burris, there was no sign of trauma evident on the body.
The body has yet to be identified and is described as that of a white male, between the ages of 20 and 30, with red hair, blue eyes and multiple tattoos.
The police are asking for assistance from the public in identifying the man, and calls can be made to 970-876-2735.
Levy said an autopsy has been performed on the body, but he did not reveal any of the findings other than that there were no signs of injury found by the coroner.
The last time a body was found in a local ditch, according to Levy, was "two years ago to the day," when the body of Jon Beck, 57, was found in the same ditch at almost exactly the same time of the day.
Recommended Stories For You
Burris did not indicate that police believe the two incidents are connected.
Trending In: Regional
- Eagle County leads statewide mental health funding trend
- Volunteers wanted for largest ski competition in Utah since Olympics
- Person ID’d in fatal crash near New Castle as Basalt resident
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Colorado’s most expensive toll lane, the I-70 Mountain Express Lane, to open
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases