Man found dead in Silt ditch
November 21, 2013
SILT — Police here are investigating a "suspicious death" of a man found dead in the Cactus Valley ditch at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to Police Chief Levy Burris, there was no sign of trauma evident on the body.
The body has yet to be identified and is described as that of a white male, between the ages of 20 and 30, with red hair, blue eyes and multiple tattoos.
The police are asking for assistance from the public in identifying the man, and calls can be made to 970-876-2735.
Levy said an autopsy has been performed on the body, but he did not reveal any of the findings other than that there were no signs of injury found by the coroner.
The last time a body was found in a local ditch, according to Levy, was "two years ago to the day," when the body of Jon Beck, 57, was found in the same ditch at almost exactly the same time of the day.
Recommended Stories For You
Burris did not indicate that police believe the two incidents are connected.
Trending In: Regional
- Eagle County officials concerned by wildlife population declines
- In Buffalo Mountain Fire, critical decisions saved at least two neighborhoods from destruction
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Colorado’s most expensive toll lane, the I-70 Mountain Express Lane, to open
- Longtime Aspen cop to run against DiSalvo for sheriff next year
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall