Expect traffic delays on Highway 82 in El Jebel on Thursday
August 2, 2017
Motorists on Highway 82 near the main El Jebel intersection can expect delays and intermittent stops from 10 a.m. to noon today, according to the Eagle County Engineering Department.
The delays will affect traffic eastbound and westbound between mile markers 17 and 19, according to the notice. Crews will have the right lanes closed in both directions and speed limits will be reduced.
Motorists should be prepared for delays of as long as 15 minutes.
The side streets at the intersection also will be affected.
"Local traffic on the south side of El Jebel Road will have a right turn only option to access (Highway 82) and a detour will be in place on Valley Road," the notice said.
Crews will be installing mast arms for new traffic signals, coordinating signals and paving. The work is part of the El Jebel Road improvement project overseen and largely funded by Eagle County.
Recommended Stories For You
Thursday also is the last day CDOT crews will be working near the S-curves on the west side of Aspen. That work started Tuesday and has caused delays.
Trending In: Regional
- Colorado’s search for the right de-icing mixture
- Eagle County Dems plan Feb. 5 forum, vote to fill Ryan’s seat
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Lake Christine fire case sent to District Court. Richard Miller, Allison Marcus back in court Jan. 23
- Colorado appellate judge resigns after panel finds impropriety
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow