Basalt Fire Department calls
August 8, 2013
Editor's note: The following are the calls the Basalt Fire Department responded to between July 30 and Saturday.
July 30 — Assisted with battery replacement for smoke detectors in Old Snowmass subdivision.
July 30 — Responded to a gas leak inside a home in El Jebel. Evacuated the occupants and shut off the gas at the meter. The structure was ventilated, and the scene was turned over to SourceGas.
July 31 — Responded to audible and visual alarms in the Blue Lake area. No smoke or gas was detected. The alarm was reset.
July 31 — Responded to a medical call for an assault in the Basalt area. No transport was necessary. The patient refused treatment.
Aug. 1 — Investigated an audible alarm in Blue Lake and determined that it was a system malfunction.
Recommended Stories For You
Aug. 1 — Mutual aid with Carbondale for a medical call. It was canceled before there was contact with the patient.
Saturday — Medical call to Blue Lake for a male who fell and had a head injury. He was transported to Valley View Hospital.
Saturday — Medical call to El Jebel for a possible broken arm. The patient refused treatment.
Trending In: Regional
- Colorado’s search for the right de-icing mixture
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Eagle County Dems plan Feb. 5 forum, vote to fill Ryan’s seat
- Lake Christine fire case sent to District Court. Richard Miller, Allison Marcus back in court Jan. 23
- Colorado appellate judge resigns after panel finds impropriety
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday