Basalt Fire Department calls
August 8, 2013
Editor's note: The following are the calls the Basalt Fire Department responded to between July 30 and Saturday.
July 30 — Assisted with battery replacement for smoke detectors in Old Snowmass subdivision.
July 30 — Responded to a gas leak inside a home in El Jebel. Evacuated the occupants and shut off the gas at the meter. The structure was ventilated, and the scene was turned over to SourceGas.
July 31 — Responded to audible and visual alarms in the Blue Lake area. No smoke or gas was detected. The alarm was reset.
July 31 — Responded to a medical call for an assault in the Basalt area. No transport was necessary. The patient refused treatment.
Aug. 1 — Investigated an audible alarm in Blue Lake and determined that it was a system malfunction.
Recommended Stories For You
Aug. 1 — Mutual aid with Carbondale for a medical call. It was canceled before there was contact with the patient.
Saturday — Medical call to Blue Lake for a male who fell and had a head injury. He was transported to Valley View Hospital.
Saturday — Medical call to El Jebel for a possible broken arm. The patient refused treatment.
Trending In: Regional
- Eagle County officials concerned by wildlife population declines
- Warrant says Bootsy Bellows partner missed court appearance
- Colorado’s most expensive toll lane, the I-70 Mountain Express Lane, to open
- What is hantavirus, and how can you
- Murdered D.C. family has ties to Eagle County ranch west of Vail
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone