Basalt Fire Department calls
August 8, 2013
Editor's note: The following are the calls the Basalt Fire Department responded to between July 30 and Saturday.
July 30 — Assisted with battery replacement for smoke detectors in Old Snowmass subdivision.
July 30 — Responded to a gas leak inside a home in El Jebel. Evacuated the occupants and shut off the gas at the meter. The structure was ventilated, and the scene was turned over to SourceGas.
July 31 — Responded to audible and visual alarms in the Blue Lake area. No smoke or gas was detected. The alarm was reset.
July 31 — Responded to a medical call for an assault in the Basalt area. No transport was necessary. The patient refused treatment.
Aug. 1 — Investigated an audible alarm in Blue Lake and determined that it was a system malfunction.
Recommended Stories For You
Aug. 1 — Mutual aid with Carbondale for a medical call. It was canceled before there was contact with the patient.
Saturday — Medical call to Blue Lake for a male who fell and had a head injury. He was transported to Valley View Hospital.
Saturday — Medical call to El Jebel for a possible broken arm. The patient refused treatment.
Trending In: Regional
- Michael Younger, of Woody Creek, jailed for allegedly crashing car into Aspen bank
- Person ID’d in fatal crash near New Castle as Basalt resident
- Eagle County Commissioner: Jeanne McQueeney solidly wins re-election
- Jail time, intense probation handed down in child porn case
- Murdered D.C. family has ties to Eagle County ranch west of Vail
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items