Basalt Fire Department calls
Editor’s note: The following are the fire and medical calls that the Basalt Fire Department responded to between July 6 and Saturday.
July 6, 6:38 p.m. — Basalt firefighters were called to Lakeside Drive for a smoke alarm. The alarms were malfunctioning, and no assistance was needed.
July 8, 2:18 a.m. — An ambulance was called to Lava Drive for a sick woman. She was transported to the hospital for further care.
July 8, 5:16 a.m. — Basalt firefighters were called to Roaring Fork Mobile Home Park for a residence on fire. The fire was suppressed and contained. The residence and its contents were a total loss.
July 8, 11:33 a.m. — An ambulance was called to Hopi Street for a woman with possible injuries from a fall. She was assessed and released on the scene.
July 8, 6:43 p.m. — An ambulance was called to Emma Road for a man with possible injuries from a bicycle crash. He was transported to the hospital for further care.
July 10, 1:56 a.m. — An ambulance was called for a woman who was struck and killed by a vehicle on Highway 82 in front of the Aspen-Basalt Mobile Home Park. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
July 10, 2:54 p.m. — Basalt firefighters were called to Willits for a trash fire. It was extinguished quickly.
July 11, 2:50 a.m. — An ambulance was called for an assault at a bus stop at Old Snowmass. Medics assessed and released the person on the scene.
July 11, 3:27 p.m. — Basalt firefighters were called to Cemetery Road for a carbon monoxide alarm. No carbon monoxide was found, and the alarm was found to be malfunctioning.
Saturday, 9:44 a.m. — An ambulance was called to James Circle for a man with difficulty breathing. He was transported to the hospital for further care.
Saturday, 1:14 p.m. — An ambulance was called to Lewis Lane for a man with potential injuries from an assault. He was assessed and released on the scene.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
It’s election season, which means campaign signs are popping up everywhere, and some people just can’t seem to stop themselves from stealing or tearing the signs down .