Part of Snowmass mall evacuated for gas leak
The entryway section of the Snowmass Village Mall was evacuated Tuesday due to a gas leak, and Lower Carriage Way was temporarily closed while crews worked to repair it.
A contractor working on Daly Lane in front of the entrance to the transportation garage broke a gas line, said Steve Alldredge, spokesman for Related Colorado, which owns the Mall properties that were evacuated. Most of the businesses there were not open at the time, but some employees were on-site working, Alldredge said.
The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District was on site to monitor the repair work. Lower Carriage Way was expected to reopen Tuesday evening.
For more information, call Pitkin County dispatch at 970-920-5300.
With many lingering questions still surrounding the fate of Aspen’s historic Old Powerhouse, City Council decided during Monday’s work session to hold off on providing staff direction on moving the preservation project forward until more information can be presented.