On The Hill: Yeti predicts SNOW!
VIDEO: A rare Yeti sighting on Aspen Mountain bodes well for snow in the near future. Aspen Times On The Hill producer Corby Anderson skies the foggy hardpack of Ajax on a slow Wednesday morning, where he finds encouraging signs of impending snow. New host Brad Manosevitz takes the GoPro and runs with it for the next three weeks.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/118056901?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 2″ in the last 7 days. High of 28°, low of 5°.
Support Local Journalism
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Hard packed base covered by a thin layer of light powder. In spite of the dirth of precipitation from above, the on mountain conditions are plenty fine.
LIFT LINE STATUS: No waiting at Silver Queen Gondola.
LISTENING TO: Talking Heads: “Making Flippy Floppy”
- Wednesday night A 20 percent chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming east southeast in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow before 11pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User