On The Hill: Yeti predicts SNOW!
VIDEO: A rare Yeti sighting on Aspen Mountain bodes well for snow in the near future. Aspen Times On The Hill producer Corby Anderson skies the foggy hardpack of Ajax on a slow Wednesday morning, where he finds encouraging signs of impending snow. New host Brad Manosevitz takes the GoPro and runs with it for the next three weeks.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/118056901?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 2″ in the last 7 days. High of 28°, low of 5°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Hard packed base covered by a thin layer of light powder. In spite of the dirth of precipitation from above, the on mountain conditions are plenty fine.
LIFT LINE STATUS: No waiting at Silver Queen Gondola.
LISTENING TO: Talking Heads: “Making Flippy Floppy”
- Wednesday night A 20 percent chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming east southeast in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow before 11pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.