On The Hill: Windy and hardpacked in advance of the storm
December 19, 2013
Aspen official report: 0 fresh inches. Up to a foot on the way in the next four days!
Aspen Times field report: Windy up top at the Sundeck.
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Snow was firm and slick this morning. Should soften up a little in the aftenoon, but it’s a good day to stay on your edges, and chilly enough to go with a full compliment of clothing layers.
Snowcast: The current storm is predicted to deliver up to 2″ of powder tonight, up to another 4″ tomorrow, and up to 5″ additionally on Saturday. Or, it could move along with very little accumlation. Lets hope for the former!
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents