On The Hill: What can be better than birthday turns on a sunny Aspen morning?
VIDEO: Once a year those lucky snowmen and women who were born in the winter months get to put the world on pause and make birthday turns. Aspen Times Editor Lauren Glendenning and producer Corby Anderson both happen to share the same birthday, so it seemed a natural that turns were in order, and it certainly didn’t hurt to have perfect corduroy to schralp on a sunny, warm Aspen morning!
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/116177622?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 3″ in the last 7 days. High of 41°, low of 19°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Today officially rates as OMG if you are a fan of perfectly groomed, slightly crusty corduroy, which Aspen Mountain is famous for. The entire Annies side of the mountain is laid out like a white farm. The temps are soaring into the low 40’s, which feel like the 80’s after the arctic blast we had a week ago. You could wear shorts, or even your birthday suit and probablly not freeze anything too important off.
LIFT LINE STATUS: It’s my birthday!
LISTENING TO: The Beatles (this little band out of Liverpool. Check em out KDUB fans!) “Birthday”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the morning.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. South wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.