On The Hill – Tuesday: Enjoy the sun while you can! A storm moves into town tomorrow.
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 0 fresh inches
Aspen Times field report: Aspen Mountain is skiing very well. The mornings are fast and crunchy, but the afternoons are nice and soft. The grooming crews are having a banner year.
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: It’s been about a week or more since our last big storm. The cold temps have been keeping that snow in great condition. The mountains are skiing really smoothly, with amazing groomer cruisers to be had. Very few folks on the hills early, so get up with the birds and get those worm turns!
Snowcast: NOAA predicts a storm arriving sometime tomorrow, with a 20% chance of snow all through Saturday. The Weather Channel predicts a 70% chance of snow on Thursday, with more snow on Saturday and next Tuesday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Shake-up at Aspen Skiing Co. over alleged retail racket
- No damage after small quakes north of Glenwood
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Aspen School District taking measures to remove human resources director
- Developer to city of Aspen: $150M in tax revenue to come in if base of mountain is redeveloped