On The Hill: There’s plenty of time left for morning turns on Ajax AND all of your shopping, fellas!
VIDEO: With Aspen Mountain virtually empty this Christmas Eve morning, Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson finds that there is plenty of time to ski AND still get all of his shopping done today!
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/115351037?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours and 31″ in the last 7 days. High of 34°, low of 18°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: The dense, moist snow of Sunday/Monday has turned into a nice light fluff thanks to the bitter cold temperatures the past few days. It is definitely a day for an extra layer, a face mask, and warm gloves, though not very windy for a change. Bright and sunny this morning, and the skiing is fantastic. Chalky, perfect groomers everywhere and plenty of powder to be had in the trees and on the fringes.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Breeze on through!
LISTENING TO: Chris Robinson Brotherhood: “Star and Stone”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. West southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Christmas Eve: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. South southeast wind around 10 mph.
- Christmas Day: Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. South southeast wind around 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Christmas Night: Snow. Low around 12. West northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday: Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE SURROUNDING REGION:
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT PATCHY FREEZING FOG WILL PERSIST IN VALLEY BOTTOMS UNTIL ABOUT 9 AM MST THIS MORNING. LATE TONIGHT SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP OVER EASTERN UTAH AND MOVE EAST. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM CHRISTMAS MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF NORTHEAST UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO. A PACIFIC WEATHER SYSTEM WILL PASS THROUGH THE AREA ON CHRISTMAS DAY THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...BRINGING THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW TO THE MOUNTAINS AND LIGHT SNOW TO MOST VALLEYS. HOLIDAY TRAVEL MAY BE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED...ESPECIALLY OVER ALL HIGH MOUNTAIN PASSES AND ALONG INTERSTATE 70...WHERE ROADS MAY BECOME ICY AND SNOWPACKED. SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY WILL SEE ANOTHER STORM MOVING INTO UTAH AND COLORADO FROM THE NORTH.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.