On The Hill: The Edge: The only ones who really know where it is have skied down it
VIDEO: With apologies to the late, great local journalist Hunter S. Thompson, who knew the edge of things when he sniffed it, The Edge at Snowmass ski area is a sparsly-used, oft-groomed black diamond run that traces a fine arc downhill from the precipitous perch of the High Alpine lift. Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson visits what was once a daily run for him back in his Top of 12 lifty days and finds it to be particularly edgable.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/121866095?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 11″ in the last 7 days. High of 50°, low of 22°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Warm, sunny, spring skiing rules the week.
LIFT LINE STATUS: High Alpine has the occasional contender, but generally you can ski right up and jump on the double chair, but watch for the center pole!
LISTENING TO: Metallica “Whiskey In A Jar”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 51. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday: A slight chance of snow showers before 8am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday: A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.